Thursday, October 18, 2012

Peace that Passes Understanding

Philippians 4:6-7 (ESV)

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I must say - I do get anxious from time to time - do you?  What gets you anxious, nervous, brings out the worry?  Your finances, your kids, need of a job, a meeting that's coming up, car troubles, try outs for sports team or a play - the list can go on on and on  - can't it?

This week in my research regarding this new possible _ _ _, I realized that the pay periods will probably change - A.L.O.T.  My first reaction was worry - how can we go this many weeks without a check?  We need to figure out ways to cut back - here and there.  Charles already cut and changed a few of our monthly obligations and tweaked a few more.  The one thing that our flesh sometimes thinks about cutting is the tithe.  I must say - it did come into my mind - but immediately the Spirit bothered me and I knew that was not a payment to postpone.  I immediately felt a peace that if He could provide enough for those weeks to keep us faithfully paying our tithe -our other monthly obligations would also be met during a few weeks of lean pay.  I can't wait to see His awesome provision over these next few weeks!
It is all His anyway - I'm not sure why we try to constantly take that ownership back.

No comments:

Post a Comment