Thursday, April 12, 2012

Steppin'

My goal lately has been to hit 10,000 steps per day as often as possible.
Charles got us some pedometers a few years ago and I've been trying to wear it most days and really reach for this goal.  There have been days I've walked the "circle" in the house to make it before bed, you see, I can be a little bit driven to meet my goals once I put my mind and heart into it. 
Several years ago, I had a blood clot in my leg which would cause swelling and required medication for prevention of future problems.  At the time the Dr. told me to start walking and reach for this goal of 10,000 steps per day.  It would help prevent the clots from reforming and also help in weight loss. 
I've been consistent recently, in meeting this goal about 3 days per week.  My goal now is to bump this up to 4 or 5 days per week and also set a bigger goal.  I'm not sure how long it will take, but here it is - reaching 1,000,000 steps.  If anyone wants to step along let me know and we will find some time to step together!
Goal # 1 - 10,000 steps 4-5 days per week
Goal # 2 - reach 250,000 steps
Goal # 3 - 1,000,000 steps

No comments:

Post a Comment