Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Service Night at Bible Study

We had another service night tonight at Bible Study.  We stuffed and stapled the Jr. Camp literature to help the Children's department with their mailing.  There were about 20 ladies in attendance making the task seem small and quick.  I believe we put together 3000 packets.  It is always easier working as a team.  I'm sure this will be a blessing to our Children's Department secretary saving her hours of work.
I then enjoyed a few laps around the church grounds with Tracey to reach my 10,000, it was a beautiful evening for it.

Chuck starts his training Monday!
Becca is working hard at school and excited about camp.  They passed out the information tonight.  The theme this year is Throw-Back and she can't wait to hear The Afters perform, they are one of her favorite groups.  She is trying to decide what song to sing this year at the talent competition and I know she is going to be amazing!
Charles is looking forward to a weekend of smoking some meat very soon, and to be perfectly honest I am too! ;o)

I have been trying to meditate on various scripture to help in overcoming this food/weight/exercise habit and the one I was reading today was printed in the NIV version...

2 Timothy 1:12 (NIV)
That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

It is a different version than what I am familiar with.  I'm sure you are singing the song of the KJV as you read it. As I read the NIV it made me pray for my family and I shared with the Lord, the thing most important to me on this earth is my family and that I definitely will entrust them with Him and know that I believe Him and am convinced that He Is Able to Guard them until that day.

2 Timothy 1:12 (KJV)
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Ok, back to the reason this verse was on the print out - I have committed to being healthier and becoming more fit.  I have asked the Lord's help in keeping this committment and know He is able to and will help me stay focused and driven.

Blessings to all you today - Love you all and praying you each have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment