Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Child of the King

I was reading a story the other day about a man who boarded a boat to the America's.  His cousin had purchased a ticket for him to make his way to this new world.  He was a poor man and was so thankful for this opportunity offered by his cousin.  He saved his money to purchase a few loaves of bread to eat aboard the ship over the next week or two.  Being a humble man, he would quietly retire to his room to eat small portions of his bread a few times a day.  He felt bad that he didn't have more to share but knew that he barely had enough portion to survive the trip himself.  Before they reached their destination, his food supply ran out.  His stomach growled, but he was determined not to complain - he knew the trip was well worth any pain he had to endure.  Another passenger happened to be spending time with him around meal time and wanted to walk with him to the dinner hall.  The man said, I'm sorry, I can not go, I do not have money to afford it.  The passenger was shocked.  He explained to the man that the meals were included in his ticket, he could have eaten luxurious feasts at breakfast, lunch and dinner every day that he had been aboard the ship.  He joined the other passenger and enjoyed every remaining feast.  Like this man, we sometimes forget, that we are children of the King.  He wants to bless us and definitely has the means to do so.  Sometimes the blessings are right in front of us - ask Him to provide the blessings that He has for you!

A CHILD OF THE KING

My Father is rich in houses and lands,
He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands!
Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold,
His coffers are full, He has riches untold.

Refrain
I’m a child of the King,
A child of the King:
With Jesus my Savior,
I’m a child of the King.

My Father’s own Son, the Savior of men,
Once wandered on earth as the poorest of them;
But now He is pleading our pardon on high,
That we may be His when He comes by and by.

Refrain

I once was an outcast stranger on earth,
A sinner by choice, an alien by birth,
But I’ve been adopted, my name’s written down,
An heir to a mansion, a robe and a crown.

Refrain

A tent or a cottage, why should I care?
They’re building a palace for me over there;
Though exiled from home, yet still may I sing:
All glory to God, I’m a child of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment