Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Switched and Enjoying the Slow Down

    We recently switched cable providers and Charles was looking at the features.  He is good about reading the instructions on new things and learning all the features.  The kids are like him - they figure out all the features on their phones and know how to do practically everything.  I must admit - I'm not too good about this - I usually know only the features that the family have showed me and the few things I learn as I go.  We had a good chuckle this evening about one of the features.  I will share it in the future after he applies it - it will give you a laugh too. 
    I was a nice refreshing rainy day today, for which we are thankful.
I was irritated at work today - working in an internet based program - which was moving at a snail's pace.  The paperwork in my tray kept growing and the more it grew, the slower my computer seemed to move.  There are times/things in life that force us to slow down and this was one of them.  My wise son said, there was no reason to be frustrated - the speed of that program was out of your control.  Your wrong reaction was not going to increase the speed.  He was correct.  Sometimes, it just is what it is, and there is not much we can do about it.  I should have enjoyed the relaxed pace but was restless and wanted to speed it along. 
Oh well, we live and hopefully learn.  Today is a new day...maybe I will finish the project, if not I am looking forward to a day filled with bursts of rest while completing my task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment