Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Light as a Feather

There are few ladies that recently have had things weighing them down.  Each burden on their shoulders was bringing them down not only emotionally but physically.  It seemed like a ton of bricks were just dumped on them.  I know of one of these ladies that is standing a little taller and feeling better because that weight has been transferred.

Psalm 55:22 (NIV)
22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

I listed both verses below - it would be interesting to study the original scriptures. 
The way I understand the KJV version as I read it is... this...."I removed his shoulder from the burden."  That makes me think "I" am putting the effort into it...it is all me taking on whatever the burden is...it is my work, and my effort, my strength.  If he removed my shoulder from the burden - he has shifted the work, effort from me to Him - it is now His strength handling my burden.

Psalm 81:6 KJV
I removed his shoulder from the burden: his hands were delivered from the pots.
 
The way I understand the TNIV version as I read it is... this...He took the burden from my shoulders.  That weight has been removed.  I guess the end product is the same - the burden is no longer there weighing me down - let me know your thoughts.  I can't wait to pick Charles' brain about this.
Psalm 81:6 TNIV
"I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket.
 
All this to say - I have recently seen someone dear experience the removal of burden.  She felt lighter, free, better, rejuvinated and fresh.  Satan will use that burden to make you think you deserve it along with all the worst feelings you can imagine.  Depression, guilt, shame, despair, hopelessness and more.  He will point out everything that you do wrong and try to keep you down. Don't you let that old devil do that to you.  The Lord does not want that for anyone.  He will take that burden, if you will pass it over. 
 
Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

He will give you rest - it is easy and light with HIM.

1 Peter 5:6-8(KJV)

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Let HIM care for you!  You will be light as a feather and feel like you can fly!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment