Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oh Be Careful

Do you remember that little song - Oh be careful little ...eyes what you see....ears what you hear...hands what you touch...mouth what you say?   For the Father up above is looking down in Love, oh be careful....


I recently had a friend hurt by words that were spoken from her friend that wasn't careful with the words she said.  I then read a post to another friend after another tragedy that was so flippant.  I have been on both ends of this scenario. 
     I have been the one letting words fly out of my mouth without thought.  Sometimes without care, and other times thinking I'm helping but yeah, NO, it wasn't helpful but ended up hurtful.   
     I have been the one hurt by words from others too in both regards.  
Words are a powerful thing.  The Lord has much to say about the tongue.  


Be careful what you say and how you say it - ask Him to keep the door of your lips.


Lord, help me to build others up with what I say and to be an encourager!


Psalm 141:3 Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment