Thursday, October 18, 2012

Peace that Passes Understanding

Philippians 4:6-7 (ESV)

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I must say - I do get anxious from time to time - do you?  What gets you anxious, nervous, brings out the worry?  Your finances, your kids, need of a job, a meeting that's coming up, car troubles, try outs for sports team or a play - the list can go on on and on  - can't it?

This week in my research regarding this new possible _ _ _, I realized that the pay periods will probably change - A.L.O.T.  My first reaction was worry - how can we go this many weeks without a check?  We need to figure out ways to cut back - here and there.  Charles already cut and changed a few of our monthly obligations and tweaked a few more.  The one thing that our flesh sometimes thinks about cutting is the tithe.  I must say - it did come into my mind - but immediately the Spirit bothered me and I knew that was not a payment to postpone.  I immediately felt a peace that if He could provide enough for those weeks to keep us faithfully paying our tithe -our other monthly obligations would also be met during a few weeks of lean pay.  I can't wait to see His awesome provision over these next few weeks!
It is all His anyway - I'm not sure why we try to constantly take that ownership back.

No comments:

Post a Comment