Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Standing on the Promises

Praying hard is standing on the promises of God.  I read recently that there are more than three thousand promises made to us in the Bible?  It makes me want to find them and pray them.
As I sit here and think about promises - it makes me so unbelievably thankful for God and His unwavoring word.  He is strong and He is sure.  What He says, He does....the promises He makes He keeps.
When you were young did you ever say to a friend when making a childhood promise...Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye?  Oh my, the things we say, the promises we had full intention of keeping but fell short, justifying our reasons for failing.  I know I have made light hearted promises over the years and promises filled with passion and determination.  Some of these were kept and some were broken. Why do we break our promises?  Sometimes it is because we don't think it through  before committing - we just give a willy nilly answer without a thought.  Other times we truly commit but circumstances prevent us from following through.  Sometimes time goes by and we just forget to finish the promise.  I even bet there are times we make a promise knowing full well that we are not going to do it. I'm pretty sure all of us have done this at some point in their life - broken a promise for one reason or another.  Man fails - we give in to our flesh - our own selfish desires and fall flat on our faces.  We will fail - all men fail - that is why we must be very careful about focusing our eyes on men instead of keeping our eyes on the Lord. If you are the promise breaker or the one whose been impacted by a broken promise - I want to assure you that there is one friend that you have that will NOT EVER break His Promise to you...The Lord!  
If you are hurting go to the friend that will keep His word!  He has promised us so much- dig into the Word and find the treasured promises and claim them - because He wants to keep His promises and He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment