Warriors must be prepared for battle. Our daily life brings with it many challenges and battles - like our little flood at work yesterday. My employer told us about the devotion she read the night before.
It is about preparing yourself for warfare. She did have a peace when she arrived and I am sure it was from being prepared.
This devotion listed seven tools of preparation.
1. Put on the full armor of God. (Eph. 6:11)
2. Train yourself to be self-controlled and alert. (Prov 25:28)
3. Know your enemy is not flesh and blood. (Matt 5:44)
4. Learn to use the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (Matt. 4)
5. Pray out loud so satan can hear you. - (Jesus responded to the temptations of the devil out loud and with Scripture!)
6. Respond to the attacks of the enemy with worship. (Ps. 8:2)
7. Pray in the powerful name of Jesus. (Phil. 2:9-11)