Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Flood


As I walked through the door at work, I headed straight to my office.  I walked past the front desk and stopped abruptly as my foot squished into the carpet.  What in the world?!?  Apparently the pipe behind the commode broke last night and water was pouring out of broken pipe all night long.  Both bathrooms, the kitchen, several offices and the warehouse had quite a bit of water in them.  John was already on the phone with a company that comes out for water damage repair and restoration.  They arrived pretty quickly and started vacuuming up the water, which took about half of the day.  They then set up about 20 large fans and dehumidifiers all of the building to get the carpets dried up.  This will take about three days.  Praise the Lord - there seemed to be very little damage to the goods around the warehouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment