Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Are you asking?

Recently - I have personally witnessed the Lord providing what was asked for -
because they believed they would receive it when they asked.
If you are like me, you have been conditioned to "be careful" what you ask for - keep your problems to yourself, and either fix it yourself, take care of it yourself - and of course pray for it but in private.  I do believe all of these things - but do think we put a limitation on blessings and answers sometimes by "being too private and cautious."  Don't get me wrong - I am a pretty private person - and believe that is biblical too - we should be content in whatever state we are in, and careful who we cast our cares upon - it definitely should be cast on the Lord first and foremost -- for that is what He tells us to do.  It seems like some people just seem to share every little detail of their life and look for the problems instead of being content.  But there are people that never share their burdens, needs, wants, desires and dreams. 
He tells us to ask!

Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
John 16:24
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

In Bible Study - someone shared a request- she wasn't asking for "assistance" - just that what they had would stretch to get them through until the next payday.  That is truly what her heart's request was.  Guess what!?!  She was blessed way beyond her little request.  God used someone to bless them more.  Once she vocalized this litte request, to ask that her sisters in Christ would share this prayer with her, the miraculous works of the Lord were seen by her family.  A few days later - they heard their doorbell ding, not just once but about 25 times.  When they opened the door - the simple prayer she prayed was answered more abundantly than she could have imagined.  There were boxes of food left on the porch - enough to fill the pantry.  Who did it- she does not know - because no one was there when she opened the door- just the blessings to receive.  Who could they thank - only God!  That person just added a little to their rewards in Heaven because they just allowed God all the glory for that gifts they gave!  What a wonderful way for the Lord to show Himself in a physical way to her children, herself and her husband and all she testifies this answer to prayer with.
Don't be afraid to share your hearts desires with your prayer partners. 
Look at what he says - in Matthew 18! 

Matthew 18:19-21

Today's New International Version (TNIV)
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”

I shared my story about the cards tonight and guess what - He is blessing me again.  He may have blessed me sooner - had I not been praying in private!  One of the ladies' mother passed away last year and they have several of her things in storage.  One thing in storage is a huge box of cards.  She said that she and her sisters just couldn't seem to pull them out to use them - and that she wanted to bring them and give them to me to send to whoever I wanted to send to bless.  She said there were many kinds of cards - just as I prayed for.  The Lord just amazes me - more and more each day!
    
If we do not share our needs and wants we miss the opportunity to be blessed by those who may be being led of the Lord to bless someone with exactly what we want or need.  The same is true in reverse - we need to be open to hearing other's requests and be prepared to bless others when the Lord leads.

Acts 20:35
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”
(how very true this verse is - Acts 20:35)

Not to bring a negative - because it really isn't.  I do not want to make you think that God is like a genie in a bottle, because He is not.  I am not saying you will always get a yes, your answer may be wait - not yet, it may be NO - He may have something better than you are asking for -
He knows best, loves us and will bless us with positives and through the negatives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment