Saturday, September 15, 2012

Multi Meals

I don't know about you - but I love multi meals.  This is when I take the leftovers and make a new or different meal.  It cuts down on my prep time and helps in using up the remainder of the first meal.  Do you ever do this?

This was apparently the weekend for it.
Earlier this week we had spaghetti.  I had leftover sauce and leftover noodles.
I made two spaghetti pies  - yum!  I still had pasta - therefore, made one more meal.
It was a garlic, chicken pasta with broccoli.

We also had a chicken enchilada type casserole that we ate over rice a few days ago.  I made a huge batch of the the chicken casserole in the crockpot.
There was a recipe that I have been wanting to try for a long time.  It was one of Nelda's (Gramma's Friend) recipes.  It was called chicken cups or chicken baskets.
You line greased muffin tins with shredded hashbrowns (mixed with butter, salt and pepper) - then fill with your chicken filling.
They were delicious.
I believe I have enough of the casserole left - I will be making a pot pie to finish it off.

I love it when I can save time by re-creating something new from what we have - don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment