Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reading and Challenges

I'm in the middle of a few books right now. 
They are both good reads...
The first one is The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson which is about praying, praying boldly to Honor God. 
The second book is The Jesus Chronicles - Luke's Story.  It is a novel that brings Luke, Theophilus, Saul (Paul) and Barnabus to life.  It ends with Luke's writings - the book of Luke and Acts.  Books like these make me want to dig into The Word coming at it with a fresh perspective.

Our Bible Study starts tomorrow night.  I can't wait - we will be doing a Beth Moore study on the book of James.  It is called Mercy Triumphs.  I picked up my copy the other day and read through the introduction.  She has different levels of participation - one includes trying to memorize the book of James.  I'm debating whether I am going to attempt this or not.  Are any of you up for this challenge - you know I love a good challenge!?!

Becca and I are also thinking about starting another 5 week challenge - starting next Monday.  More details to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment