Thursday, November 8, 2012

Don't forget to Thank Him

One of my friends texted me today.  She has been going through some rough patches in life.  The recent hurdles have been her health, her car and her finances.  Her text started with...God did bless me (with her doctor visit), it also said, Thank you Jesus!  She asked for more prayer for her car.  As I read it, and reread it I thanked God for answering these prayers, for my friend and for her belief and trust in Him.  She gave Him the PRAISE and was ASKING for more prayer backing because she KNOWS that He will work this out, she TRUSTS Him and BELIEVES He will take care of her needs!

As I prayed I realized, the recent events of the country.  We are obviously split right down the middle.  Some people are rejoicing at the victory, while others are discouraged from the defeat.  The Lord reminded me as I read her text, that I have not thanked HIM for the results.  He answered our prayers, it was just not with the answer we wanted; but was a clear answer of no!  I thanked Him for His answer and thanked Him for being in control of it all.  I trust Him and know that He knows what is to come and will not give us more than we can handle.  Whether this event will bring our homecoming closer or whether it creates a revival of our brothers, we know we win in the end!

Our recent study has been in James, these are the verses that came to mind.  If we will face trials through this, remember: James 1:

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

It was Chuck's day off today and he was falling asleep on the couch this evening - his sweet little sister had a brilliant idea.  She woke him up with the can of air.  He took it well ;o)   It gave a us a laugh for the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment