Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beautiful Blessings Capture Them Today!

I love this time of the year.  The trees are so beautiful, their leaves changing to such brilliant colors.  I was on my way to work this morning and pulled up to the stop sign and saw a beautiful yellow and orange tree across the street.  No one was coming so I pulled out my phone and snapped a few pictures.


I got a little bit excited thinking about the other pretty trees I saw each day on my way to work over the past few weeks.  Every time I saw them, I thought, I need to remember tomorrow to have my camera out and capture the beautiful red color of these leaves.  They are so breathtaking.  Day after day I would round the bend, and see such beauty, and day after day, I forgot to be prepared to capture it.  Today is the day - I can't wait to get to that bend, I've got my camera out and I am ready!  Yippee!  Well, I headed down the road thinking, I've got to be careful and go slow.  I don't want to cause an accident just from trying to get a picture of trees.  Sitting at the red light, I looked around and thought, good, I only have one car behind me, if I go really slow, he will probably just go around me.  The light turned green, and off I went as slow as a granny out for a Sunday drive.  He  zipped around, probably wondering what in the world I was doing.  Ok, today I am going to be ready!  I checked the phone to make sure it didn't lock up - no, my camera was still there on the screen.  I leaned it against my steering wheel, positioning it just right to capture all that beautiful color.  Here comes the little bend in the road - Ok, I'm rounding the corner - click, click! 

Well the photo above is similar to what I should have captured.   But, Oh man!  All that color was gone!  I waited too long.  All the leaves had fallen off and most of them were blown away.  I procrastinated and put off until tomorrow what I should have done the first day I saw them.  We can miss out on some pretty special opportunities if we put things off until later.  Yes, this was not really that big of a deal, but sometimes we miss out on the blessings God puts before us.  We are not guaranteed a tomorrow, so whatever God puts in front of you, remember to do it now and do it well. 

This is what I captured - the beauty was gone!
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going." Ecclesiastes 9:10

No comments:

Post a Comment