Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oh No, Did I turn it off?

Wednesday night is always special.  I get to start the evening with my two favorite teenagers.  Tonight the dinner selection was Burger King.  The decision sometimes takes us half of our drive to finalize.  I mentioned that  I vanted Vienerschnitzel.  Vhy? - you ask? - Vell, I thought it vould be vonderful!  Almost everytime - one of us (usually me) just has to say they vant Vienerschnitzel for dinner.  One little treat we have at Burger King is the Coffee News which contains a little game of trivia.  The challenge is always fun. 
Church was good - Chuck had a guest speaker this evening - - Brother Gary spoke about how God is always with us even when we feel alone.  Becca heard Brother D speak on idols.  Our Bible study was Christmas Crafts tonight - Christa read the Christmas Story - then Shera showed us how to make several cute Christmas crafts.  Glue guns, fabric, ornaments, coffee filters, moss and ribbon - so many clever ideas. 
After her presentation on how to create each item - she had the materials there for us to make our own.  Snip, snip went the fabric strips as the room filled with the scents of hot glue guns heating up.  Tracey suddenly had a concerned look come across her face. " What is it?, I asked.  "I think I left my hot glue gun plugged in at the house!" she said.  Of course, worry creeps in along with that sinking feeling that reaches clear down to your toes.  I'm sure you have had a similar feeling, I know that I have had that sick doubtful feeling. 
So many things come to mind which you might have experienced too-
     Did I lock the door?
     Did I turn the burner off?
     Did they make it ok - I haven't heard from them?
on and on - I'm sure you can think of many more thoughts that bring up doubt and worry.

Read Psalm 91 if you have doubts, worry,  or fear - it will uplift your Spirit!  I was going to post only verses 1-2 but had to post it all!  Below is the Easy to Read Version of the chapter.


Psalm 91
 1 You can go to God Most High to hide.
   You can go to God All-Powerful for protection.
2 I say to the LORD, “You are my place of safety, my fortress.
   My God, I trust in you.”
3 God will save you from hidden dangers
   and from deadly diseases.
4 You can go to him for protection.
   He will cover you like a bird spreading its wings over its babies.
   You can trust him to surround and protect you like a shield.
5 You will have nothing to fear at night
   and no need to be afraid of enemy arrows during the day.
6 You will have no fear of diseases that come in the dark
   or terrible suffering that comes at noon.
7 A thousand people may fall dead at your side
   or ten thousand right beside you,
   but nothing bad will happen to you!
8 All you will have to do is watch,
   and you will see that the wicked are punished.
9 You trust in the LORD for protection.
   You have made God Most High your place of safety.
10 So nothing bad will happen to you.
   No diseases will come near your home.
11 He will command his angels to protect you wherever you go.
12 Their hands will catch you
   so that you will not hit your foot on a rock.
13 You will have power to trample on lions
   and poisonous snakes.
14 The Lord says, “If someone trusts me, I will save them.
   I will protect my followers who call to me for help.
15 When my followers call to me, I will answer them.
   I will be with them when they are in trouble.
   I will rescue them and honor them.
16 I will give my followers a long life
   and show them my power to save.”

Praise the Lord - He protected Tracey's home.  The glue gun was left plugged in but He protected and saved them from hidden dangers. 

Another verse - that I'm sure you know is this - - - -
1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)
 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

The Lord love us and will protect us.  He cares for us so much and will take all of our worries and cares and help us through them all.

Thank you Lord for protecting our sweet friends' home!

No comments:

Post a Comment