Saturday, November 19, 2011

Write it down!

I wish I would have been more consistent with a journal or just writing down the things that we experienced and learned from day to day. It's been like a New Years resolution for me, the intention was good, but never continued all the way through.  I read an interesting verse in Jeremiah today that talks about this subject. 
Jeremiah 30:2  
 Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.

The Lord told Jeremiah to write down the words that He spoke to him in a book.  There have been so many times that I wish that I would have jotted something down from a sermon or lesson. There are days when a verse jumps out and really touches my spirit and I think - I need to look at the cross references on this verse, or spend more time on this chapter tonight when I get home from work. Since my memory is as it is, I would definitely be better off to write down the words He gives me as soon as He speaks to me. I always love reading the cards and notes Charles and I have given to each other over the years.  How fun would it be to add to my collection the personal notes from God that he spoke directly to me each day. I have referenced notes that I have taken, or things I have jotted down, reflecting and remembering the things God showed me at the time I wrote them down.  I have used my notes to share with others who may be going through something similar.   A few particular verses that stand out as I flip through the pages were these verses: 

Psalm 43:5  King James Version (KJV)

 5Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 43:5   New Living Translation (NLT)
 5 Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?   I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again—my Savior and my God!

1 Peter 5:7  Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
7 Give all your worries to him, because he cares for you.

Do you ever have one of those days, that you just feel sad?  It just feels like your spirit is weighed down.  I was having one of those days when I came across these verses and happened to write them down.  They lifted my spirits that day and I praised God.  It wasn't too long after that day, one of my dear friends was very down and discouraged.  I shared theses verses with her, and guess what?  They lifted her spirits too!   

If the Lord felt it was important for Jeremiah to write in a book the things He spoke to him and wanted him to know, I'm sure He would like us to write in a book the things He speaks to us too.  It not only helps us remember what He says - it is something we can use to help and encourage others around us.  Praying I will be more consistent in my writings and that you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment