Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful



Wow...What a statement!
What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
One of my friends posted this on facebook a while back and it really made me stop in my tracks and thank God immediately for the many blessings he has provided.  I am so thankful for my wise and loving husband, Charles and our sweet, beautiful, & hardworking children too - Chuck and Becca.  My list is incredibly long of the things I'm thankful for, but I just wanted to list a few at the top of my list!
My Salvation
Honorable and Handsome Husband
 Spectacular Son
Delightful Daughter
"Perfect" Parents - well they are wonderful to me
Blessed with the two Best Brothers
Glorious Grandparents that showed so much love
In-Laws that are not in-laws but just like my very Own
Nifty Nieces and Nephews
Fabulous Friends
Magnificent Major
I could go on and on but thought I would share the lyrics to a song I love,
 sung by the Hooker Family that says it well - I Have Been Blessed!

Verse 1:
When He moves among us all that He does all of His mercy and all of His love
and the pen of the writer could write everyday even this world could never contain
how I've been blessed

Verse 2:
The warmth in winter the flowers in spring the laughter in summer and the changing of leaves
the food on my table a good place to sleep clothes on my back and shoes on my feet
I have been blessed

Chorus:
I have been blessed God's so good to me precious are His thoughts of you and me
no way I could count them there's not enough time so I'll just thank Him for being so kind
God has been good so good I have been blessed

Verse 3:
Arms that will raise a voice that can talk hands that can touch and legs that can walk
ears that can listen eyes that can see oh I've got to praise Him as long as I breathe
I have been blessed

Verse 4:
A father and mother who nurtured and raised a brother and sister memories made
our pastor to lead us the altar to pray stripes that can heal the blood that can save
I have been blessed

Chorus:
I have been blessed God's so good to me precious are His thoughts of you and me
no way I could count them there's not enough time so I'll just thank Him for being so kind
God has been good so good I have been blessed

Verse 5:
We live in a country the greatest on earth our flag stands for freedom and what it is worth
she stands in the harbor Miss Liberty calls all have gave some but some have gave all
for me to be blessed

Verse 6:
He's my shoulder to lean on when I am down the rock where He leads me when I'm overwhelmed
the place where He hides me under His wings He's not just a song He's the reason I sing
I have been blessed

Chorus:
I have been blessed God's so good to me precious are His thoughts of you and me
no way I could count them there's not enough time so I'll just thank Him for being so kind
God has been good so good I have been blessed



The moon was so big, bright and beautiful tonight and the sky was so clear.  I wish the photo would have captured it better.  Becca took one too - caught her shooting the moon - will check out her photo tomorrow.

She had a wonderful blessing today!  If you know Becca, you know she loves everything artsy!  She was hired by my sweet friend to be their photographer for the afternoon.  What an amazing opportunity - she loved every minute of it.  I can't wait to check out her pictures and work with her on editing them this weekend.  Thank you Bill and Tracey for thinking of her and helping her get closer to her mission trip goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment