Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stormy Songs


Sometimes He Calms the Storm 

All who sail the sea of faith
find out before too long
how quickly blue skies can grow dark
and gentle winds grow strong
suddenly fear is like white water
pounding on the soul
still we sail on knowing
that our Lord is in control

Sometimes He calms the storm
With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will
Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm
And other times He calms His child

He has a reason for each trial
that we pass through in life
and though we're shaken
we cannot be pulled apart from Christ
no matter how the driving rain beats down
on those who hold to faith
a heart of trust will always
be a quiet peaceful place

The Ball Brothers singing one of my favorites...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jErYClnYLVs

A few girls in the church would sing this song - I always loved it!
Till The Storm Passes By                 

In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face,
While the storm howls above me, and there's no hiding place.
'Mid the crash of the thunder, Precious Lord, hear my cry,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Many times Satan whispered, "There is no need to try,
For there's no end of sorrow, there's no hope by and by"
But I know Thou art with me, and tomorrow I'll rise
Where the storms never darken the skies.

Chorus…

When the long night has ended and the storms come no more,
Let me stand in Thy presence on the bright peaceful shore;
In that land where the tempest, never comes, Lord, may I
Dwell with Thee when the storm passes by.

Chorus…
_________

Have you ever noticed the beauty the day after a storm - everything is so clear, the sky so blue and the trees and plants a vibrant green!  Sometimes the Lord allows us a glimpse of the beauty which was created from our storms or trials, other times we may not understand or see it.  Try not to fix your eyes on what you can see, but focus on what is unseen!

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
New International Version (NIV)
 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment