Thursday, January 12, 2012

Don't Worry it Weighs too Much!

Philippians 4:6
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done

I just did a search on worry under the NIV version.  Not one of the references said to worry.  Every one of them said DON'T worry or WHY worry!!!  God doesn't want us worrying about big things or little things.  So why do we do it?  We let that flesh overtake us instead of turning to the Spirit.  Worry can effect our health!

Ecclesiastes 11:10
So refuse to worry, and keep your body healthy.

It weighs us down.

Proverbs 12:25
Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.

We need to lift each other up in prayer and encourage one another. 
Sometimes I let things worry me instead of completely handing it over to God.  Do you ever hold on to something thinking it is going to be something bigger than it is?  We let fear get the best of us and forget to have faith. 

I had to let someone know something today and I was just dreading the conversation. I let the minutes and hours tick by trying to figure out how to discuss the matter.  I was praying don't get me wrong - but I was still holding on to that fear.  I kept reminding myself of Philippians 4:6 but wasn't really letting go of that fear.  I finally made the call - and all was well.  There was no issue, it was no big deal, the response was positive and encouraging.  That wasn't the end of the matter though.  Now, I needed to discuss it with one more person.  The dread and fear had almost disappeared due to the encouraging words in the first conversation.  Most of the weight had been lifted - but in my humanity I still had a little dread.  Conversation number two had the same response - encouragement and acceptance.  The fear was gone and the situation handled.  I thank God for all He has done - for the sweet responses in the conversations and encouraging words. 

Becca made the cookies that Collette gave the kids for Christmas - they were deeelllissshhh - thank you!

We had another great discussion.  Chuck was sharing with Charles about the speaker's message last night which sparked quite the conversation.  It is so cool to see the passion come out when talking about Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment