Thursday, February 16, 2012

...today not tomorrow

...you see these little dots...that meant I got to busy, couldn't think of what to write or simply didn't do it!

It allows me to "save the date" where I can go back and post something for that date - either what happened or some other little thought.  You may or may not know that posting daily is a goal that I set for the year.

Well - as you can see I didn't post on the actual date - but actually posted the next day.
Sometimes we get in the mindset of, I will do it later or I will do it tomorrow.  One day I will accomplish or finish that, go there, visit there, make that, clean this, fix that, on and on it goes.

It is great to have goals for the future - we absolutely should.  There are things that take work and are not going to be accomplished right now.  But there are things that we can take care of when we think about them.  As I get older, I realize this more and more.  The chores aren't going away- might as well do them, the weight isn't going to disappear - might as well eat right - right now, the phone call or letter you need to make or write will probably be forgotten if you don't stop and take care of it as soon as you think it.

I'm telling on myself a little here - when you see the ... it means I didn't write my blog today.  I put it off until tomorrow.  If I didn't write daily - the world is not going to come to an end, it is simply my little goal.  Procrastination can be a problem though, if you are facing something you can deal with today, finish today, make today, see today - then do it - don't wait till tomorrow.  We never know what tomorrow will bring.

Proverbs 27:1

English Standard Version (ESV)
Do not boast about tomorrow,for you do not know what a day may bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment