Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pinterest Poppers Take One and Two

Pinterest "Popper" take one...one of my friends posted a recipe on pinterest for jalapeño poppers.  We love them, so thought I would give it a try.  They were ok - just not what we had in mind.  Some of my northern friends and family will like them.  It is basically a popover with cheese and jalapeños.  My family is just not the biggest fan of popovers.

 Pinterest poppers take two... I substituted 1/3 of the flour with cornmeal and 1/3 of the milk for sour cream.  We liked these better, but I still think it needs a little tweaking.  Becca said to lower the amount of eggs, and I think she is correct.  I will mess around with it more on the weekend.  Once I get it mastered I will post a recipe.  If y'all want either of the first two recipes just let me know.
 Chuck -messing around on his phone - not the most photogenic tonight!
Becca - I caught her - looking this way and that!
I guess she thought if she closed her eyes the camera would disappear. - What a nut!

Tonight we had homemade soup and the biggest, fluffiest cornbread to sop it up.  It was good - I always love homemade soup on a cold day.  It's not Charles' favorite but he will eat it every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment