Friday, June 15, 2012

Psalm 73

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

Verses 26 and 28 jumped out at me this morning.  Oh - how true - my flesh and heart fail so often. - But - God is my strength!  My portion for ever.  Isn't that cool!  He gives us the right portion of Himself.  I've been working on portion control with my eating.  I've found that we should not overeat - but we shouldn't under eat either - both are unhealthy.  If we overeat we are overfull - stuffed and miserable - if we undereat we are undernourished, weak and worthless.  What I'm finding is the best thing for us is to eat small portions often.  Now back to the verse - He knows our proper portion.  He is always there for us for ever - to fill us. 
Then in verse 28 - reminds us it is GOOD for us to draw near to God - put your trust in Him - He is good - and declare all He does for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment