Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Squash Chips

Take 1:  Didn't work out to well - both burned and/or soggy
Spray Pan with Cooking Spray
Slice Squash Thin
Season (used nature seasonings)
Cook at 375 for 30 minutes

This was too hot and too quick!
The pieces that were very thin burned and the one that were a little thicker didn't get crisp because I took them out by about 20 minutes
Take 2:  we shall see they are in the oven now
Pour about 1/4 cup of olive oil on cookie sheet
Pour any seasonings in the oil 
        I used dill weed, nature seasonings, onion powder and garlic salt
Mix the seasonings and oil and spread over pan
Place sliced squash on cookie sheet 
Sprinkle the tops of the squash with more seasonings
    (a good suggestion I saw was to put the squash in a large baggie with oil and seasonings and shake to coat - I would have done this if I had freezer sized baggies)
Cook at 220 for 2-3 hours until desired crispness
  (will add parmesan cheese about 15 min before done)
I hope these turn out better!

They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment