Tuesday, June 19, 2012

There's No God Like Jehovah

One of the popular music selections at rally time in VBS this year was Days of Elijah!  I have not heard this song before and loved it.  Talk about getting goosebumps - it was powerful stuff - hearing all the kids praising and singing - "There's No God Like Jehovah!"  Our ministry team had motions for the chorus that the kids already knew - it was awesome seeing them Praise Him!
Here is a link to this song - found a version of it on line...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s4hkcZhfqQ

We have sickness in the house!  Yuck!  Becca is fighting this cold and Charles has flu-like symptoms.  I know he is sick when he needs a second blanket, has the heater in the bathroom on in the summer, cranks the temperature up on the air and is still shaking from the chills. Please pray for total healing for both of them and for containment - hoping it doesn't spread!
They both have been still and weak recently.
There are times we are stopped in our tracks - sometimes from illness, other times it may be other situations that stop us dead in our tracks.  
Here are a few verses that may encourage your heart when this happens to you.
"Be still and know that I am God"
~Psalms 46:10~
 
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is
made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my
infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
~2 Corinthians 12:9~

"What time I am afraid I will trust in thee"
~Psalms 56:3~
 
"Cast all your care on Him, for He careth for you"
~1 Peter 5:7~

No comments:

Post a Comment