Sunday, December 11, 2011

Buckwheat and Milk

     One of Dad's favorite cereals is Buckwheats.  He found them online and bought them not long ago.  He said they are just as good as he remembered them being when he was a boy.  Many years ago, he would go to church on Saturday morning for visitation.  They would always have a pancake breakfast before they went out for the day.  He remembered the cook saying, "Ok, if we don't take up more money for our breakfast supplies - I will be making buckwheat pancakes."  Dad said - he wasn't sure why that was a bad thing - he actually like them very much.  Yesterday - Dad and I went to Central Market and found some buckwheat flour while we were there.  This morning, Dad made some buckwheat pancakes.  They were very good and yes - they were just as he remembered them.
    The purpose of our trip to Central Market was to look for new kinds of milk.  He read that cow milk can aggravate acid reflux.  We found some almond, soy and goats milk.  I will let you know which kind seems to set the best with him.  This is the first time we have ever tried goat's milk - it wasn't too bad.  It has a slightly different after taste but otherwise tastes like regular milk.  I am anxious to try that almond milk - it just sounds good.
     We buried super chicken today - poor little thing - he was loved to death - literally!  Becca found Major a new little duck - we are calling him Chuck the Duck!  We will see if he has a longer lifespan than the previous poultry!
     I am so fortunate to have had Mr. Fix-its in my life - I grew up with my Dad fixing what needed to be fixed, when I went to college - I had the priviledge of my brother's handiness, then I married my sweet husband who uses his skills to take care of me and fix my fixes.  Now I am experiencing -  my kind hearted son helping me out.  I am so thankful for a husband who teaches our son to be handy and caring always ready to help and take care of his mama.  I am so clueless when it comes to car repair.  I had a dead battery the other day.  Chuck let me borrow his car and charged my battery while I was at work.  They both changed my battery today and got it all charged up for me.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all my Mr. Fix-its over the years!  I love all of you!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment