For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
Here are the correct answers to the trivia...How did you do?
Topic: Is It In There?
- 1. Is the statement "God helps those who help themselves" in the Bible? Scripture Reference: no
- 2. Is the saying "cast your bread upon the waters" found in Scripture? Scripture Reference: Ecclesiastes 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. yes
- 3. Is the truism "you reap what you sow" based on Scripture? Scripture Reference: 2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
- 4. Is the adage "money is the root of all evil" from the Bible? Scripture Reference: 1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
- 5. Is the maxim "cleanliness is next to godliness" in the Bible? Scripture Reference:
- 6. Is the maxim "honesty is the best policy" based on Scripture? Scripture Reference: Leviticus 19:36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
- 7. Is the aphorism "a fool and his money are soon parted" found in Scripture? Scripture Reference:
- 8. Is the proverb "It is more blessed to give than to receive" found in the Bible? Scripture Reference: Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- 9. Is the maxim "do unto others as you'd have done to you" based on Scripture? Scripture Reference: Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
- 10. Is the adage "to err is human, to forgive divine" found in the Bible? Scripture Reference: