Saturday, December 17, 2011

Poor Unfortunate Souls

Whew - what a busy day!  It seems like it actually started last night!  As soon as I got home from work we decided it was a much needed dinner out at our favorite restaurant.  As soon as we got home - Becca headed off with Misti and Uncle Tim to see some Christmas lights.  While the boys were relaxing - I was surfin the web and found something interesting.  I was browsing pinterest and have seen some cool journal pages lately that interested me which prompted me to look a little more closely.  I found several references to smashbooks.  Have you heard of them?  Basically it is more like old school scrapbooks - kind of like a hands on pinterest.  It peaked my interest, so I shot over to Michaels and picked me up a few supplies.  I am looking forward to creating one of my own.  I will post a  few pages once I have a moment to stop and play around with it.  Before bed we watched one of my favorite movies - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Dates.  It's a cute little romantic comedy (wouldn't suggest for the kiddos to watch due to some inuendos).
The boys woke early and went for their Saturday breakfast that they occasionally do together.  I made me some chocolate, peanut butter oatmeal and a cup of texas pecan coffee for breakfast.  Yum.  Once they got home - we prepared our shopping lists.  We are trying to complete our Christmas preparations for the family.  Off I went to one store then delivered the goods back to the house.  Next, I was off to complete the next list and this is what I saw as I came down the road.  My initial thought is - ooohhh a garage sale!  I love going to sales - sometimes the best treasures can be found!  The closer I got, I realized it was not a garage sale!  Out there in the parking lot were a few people standing by the boxes and furniture, guarding of all their earthly possessions.  One was on the phone, trying to get a loved one come and help them out, I presumed.  Eviction - it must be a horrible feeling. 

When I drove back by it looked like they had someone helping them with a trailer.

Psalm 40:17
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God

The Lord not only thinks about us, but also will help and deliver us. I have no idea what caused these people their misfortune.  There are so many possibilites - maybe a job loss, a sick loved one, maybe lack of responsibility letting their bills go a little too long...I'm not sure what happened.  It is so sad, especially this time of the year to see someone in that position.  Their need seems to be a financial need, but our needs can extend beyond finances.  So many, close to us are going through big things.  God knows how poor and needy they all are feeling.  He is thinking about each of them.  Isn't it amazing that our Creator is not only thinking about our needs, but that He wants to help us?  I'm so thankful for His power, His love and His care.  Our problems seem unfixable, hopeless, overwhelming and worse - beyond our control.  Be careful - Satan will use that to shift your focus.  Keep Looking UP - God IS in Control!  We may need to wait, we may not understand the current situation, or the timing, the reactions or responses...but keep looking up and doing HIS will.  He will help get each of us through,  He will heal and deliver.

One of my friends posted this song on facebook - I don't think I have ever heard it before today -
 It is encouraging and beautiful.
It is called Completely by Ana Laura


When I arrived home after a few more stops.  I helped the Cook! ;0)
Then Chuckie Duck decided he wanted his hair peeled off -
so we headed to the garage and trimmed him up.
How do you like Chuck's new doo?  I love it!

We cleaned up all that hair - seriously I could have made someone a wig! 
Then off to Tim's to pick up the girls and back to the house.  Clean up and Dinner.   I made chicken pot pie for Friday - but we went out to eat instead.  It was nice to have our meal already prepared for tonight - but the crust didn't seem done enough.  I tried something new by including rice in the filling - it was good but I should have cooked it longer or at a higher temperature.
Wrap some Christmas presents, write the blog, I'm listening to the football game,  the boys are watching it and the girls went to bed early after they stayed up a little too late last night!
I will be back tomorrow to add a little more about the poor souls with such misfortune so close to the holidays.
Night, Night, Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment