Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve
We had a nice and busy day.  Becca and I spent the morning wrapping and packaging up our remaining gifts.
Then it was off to deliver them to our family, we visited with them for a few minutes.
It is drizzly and cold out today.
We compiled our grocery list and headed out.  It wasn't near as hectic at the store as I had anticipated.
Our afternoon was filled with baking.
I asked last night what the dessert preferences were and here is what I heard.
Charles - mincemeat pie (of course) ;0)
            -raisin pie (a Christmas treat his Mother seems to always make for this holiday)
Chuck - apple pie
Becca - cherry pie (of course)
Me - I spoiled myself with some homemade coconut cream pudding
The house smelled so good while we baked.
Charles made fried bologna sandwiches and blt's along with some delicious  homemade spinach artichoke dip.
Mother stopped by and we exchanged presents and hugs.
Misti came over for the evening while Tim attended a Christmas eve party with Kim.
We watched Miracle on 34th Street, which is one of our favorite Christmas movies.
Yesterday Becca found an angel and shepherds in the advent box for the day and today she found the wisemen.
The kids headed off to bed early.
I can't believe Christmas is already here - this year has flown by.

No comments:

Post a Comment